HOW DOES THE END-TO-END TRACEABILITY HUB WORK?
The end-to-end traceability hub delivers complete visibility into every node of Kingdom’s supply chain, from the manufacturer of origin, importers, wholesalers, and distributors to pharmacies, clinics, and hospitals - all the way to individual patients.
The NHRA traceability HUB of Bahrain has the following objectives:
- End-to-end traceability for all medicine imports to Bahrain;
- Bahrain pharma supply chain to meet the global track & trace requirements and GS1 Standards;
- Complete visibility and repository of medicine inventory & supply-chain info from manufacturers to agents/importers to wholesalers/distributors to pharmacies/hospitals and to patients/consumers;
- Increase patient safety;
- Detect and stop counterfeit medicines;
- Analytics of medicine imports and consumptions in Bahrain;
- Manage product recalls and shortages efficiently and timely.
“I am honoured that the Kingdom of Bahrain chose Antares Vision Group in partnership with MVC to secure and optimize its pharma supply chain. Soon, we expect to announce national traceability hubs in other countries to track pharmaceutical, agricultural and consumer products”, Emidio Zorzella, Antares Vision Group CEO, said.
“This hub creates a single source of truth for all medications, which means improved patient safety, better flow of information, and more accurate inventory management. It is also a powerful tool to prevent counterfeit and substandard drugs from reaching the market”, Glenn Abood, rfXcel CEO, said.