The project, the result of a public and private partnership that has collected EUR 19.5 million in funds, known as L.I.G.H.T. – Lifescience Innovation Good Healthcare Technology – will develop healthcare technologies pursuing three essential goals:
- A.I. and Big Data Main Hub: large-scale analysis, storage, and construction of platforms for sharing the data collected, creation, and update of websites.
- Digital Health Care Hub: development of a smart hospital with geo-referenced rooms and beds equipped with sensors and communication systems for continuous monitoring, development of telemedicine digital technologies and improved remote control of the patient, creation of drug tracking solutions that aim to protect the quality and integrity of the medicinal products themselves and reduce administration errors or counterfeiting.
- A.I. Biopharma Hub: development of a fully integrated structure based on artificial intelligence that can design, synthesize, and define the activity of new drugs and bio-pharmaceuticals, in collaboration with the EXSCALATE platform of Dompé farmaceutici S.p.a.
The L.I.G.H.T. infrastructural project is consistent with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda signed by the members of the U.N. and focuses on the Green New Deal:
- It is in line with Goal no.3, “Good health and well-being,” as it aims to develop new technological solutions for healthy and ill patients and to design a smart hospital prototype.
- It complies with the principles of goal no.5, “Gender equality,” as all governing bodies of the infrastructure will be designed in conformity with the gender equality principles.
- It aims to reach goal no.9, “Industry, innovation, and infrastructure,” as its purpose is to design an infrastructure where public and private entities exchange ideas and experiences for a new open innovation system, with three targets:
- Increasing the contact and meeting points between basic research and industrial research to create new solutions for health and well-being;
- Set up new innovative undertakings;
- Revise the curricula to train new professional figures in the medical field and the field of new technologies for health.
”We are proud to partner with the University of Brescia in this project that, thanks to its concreteness, we believe can trigger a virtuous circle of contacts and partnerships among various entities in our country. We have always believed in research, innovation, and a multidisciplinary approach as drivers for growth, transformation, and sustainability”. In the words of Emidio Zorzella, Chairman and Co-CEO of Antares Vision Group.