Field Service Engineer
Antares Vision is a global industry leader specializing in serialization software and machine vision technology. The Field Service Engineer is a full-time position based out of Moorestown, NJ serving clients throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the installation and maintenance of all the machines designed and sold by the company. He/she performs all of the validation procedures for the machines in order to verify their compliance with standard quality parameters such as ISO, GAMP5 and with other specific requirements requested by the customers.
The Field Service Engineer covers all the machine-related-activities from the FAT to the SAT. He/she is responsible for all machine components (mechanic, electronic and software) and performs the required validation procedures and drafting of all related documentation.
At the customer’s site, the Field Service Engineer is responsible for the execution of the testing of on-site procedures (IQ-OQ-PQ) and for filling in the relevant documentation. He/she will set up the machines according to the agreed machine specifications and provide training on the new equipment.
- Commission machinery in preparation for customer factory acceptance testing.
- Ensure all devices and controls are in compliance with client specifications.
- Setup and configure machine vision systems and printers according to documented customer requirements.
- Ensure machinery is functioning according to documented customer requirements.
- Perform factory acceptance testing and validation acceptance testing with customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to factory acceptance testing and minimize delays.
- Upon successful factory acceptance test, document all results and prepare Open Point lists.
- Assist with the breakdown of machinery for shipment to customer site.
- Help install machinery after arrival to customer site.
- Perform SAT procedures and machine testing (IQ/OQ/IP).
- Train customer’s staff on the new machines.
Travel, as required, to support projects (from 6 to 10 months per year, for 1 to 2 weeks on average).
- Preferred: a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Must have at least 5 years of related job experience.
- Technical school (or document-able equivalent) in on-the-job training and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical data.
- Experience in installation and support of PLC-based machinery.
- Experience in PLC’s, HMI systems, networking, and data acquisition systems.
- Experience in Machine Vision Systems.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or in a validated environment is a plus.
- Experience in the configuration of SW and/or human-machine interfaces is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of technical language.
Excellent compensation and benefits package