Service Desk Engineer
Antares Vision is a global industry leader specializing in serialization software and machine vision technology. The Service Desk Engineer is a full-time position based out of Moorestown, NJ serving clients throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
The company supports the needs of pharmaceutical companies’ new requirements for track & trace technology throughout the supply chain, managing issues customers have before, during, and after installation.
The Service Desk Engineer manages the flow of information from the customer to the technical support staff and is the first step in resolving customer issues.
The Service Desk Engineer works closely with the Aftersales Engineering Team as well as the Field Service Engineers. The ideal candidate should have a good mix of technical experience and strong communication skills. This position is designed for an individual to gain experience with the company’s systems and move into a more technical role when the required competences are achieved.
IMPORTANT: There are 2 positions open as follows:
#1 Work two 16-hour days and one 8-hour day with a 4-day weekend.
#2 Work five 8-hour days, but work on the weekend with two days off during the week.
As such, we are looking for individuals who are flexible enough to fit each of these positions.
- Manage incidents on ServiceNow, a customer portal for problem resolution.
- Assign the incidents to the correct personnel.
- Work side by side with the Aftersales and Field Service Teams to solve problems as they arise.
- Obtain the relevant information required for troubleshooting an issue.
- Solve issues that do not warrant the intervention of the Engineering Team.
- Receive incoming calls for the Aftersales Engineering Team and manage the customer needs.
- Communicate issues to the Italian based Research and Development Team.
- Occasional travel may be required within the U.S.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and basic networking skills.
- Some experience with PLCs and machine logic preferred.
- Understanding of SQL database management software.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English and strong knowledge of technical language.
- Experience working with electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to think and respond on the fly to a wide range of issues.
- Experience with managing multiple tasks at once and ability to switch between tasks quickly.
Excellent compensation and benefits package.